Saturday, August 1, 2009

Kimmy did NOT name her kid after a 90's stoner-rock band.

We are currently awaiting the arrival of a Hiplet and her brood.

(FYI: a Hiplet is like a hippy, only shorter; thank you Jay Wilson.)

Yes, Kimmy Gjerdrum and family are coming to stay with us this weekend; some of you might remember Kimmy as the one I used to fight with behind the counter at Beano, going so far as to actually put a crack in one of the walls while having her in a headlock (we're kinda proud of that one...); since her auspicious Beano days, Kimmy's moved to Victoria with her fella, dropped a turtle-shaped kid and pretty much became The Reason Why The West Coast Is Evil. It's true; check Wikipedia.

Once they get here, we plan on tying pillows to our kids, handing them sticks wrapped in barbed wire, and just letting them go at it in the back yard. Also: I plan on making good on the threat of shaving Kimmy's head in her sleep, so I'll soon have single-use authentic dreadlocks for sale for those of you wishing to rid your house of evil spirits, bad smells and unwanted hobos.

Stuffs:

1. I feel that I must share this picture with y'all. I don't know why, I just feel compelled.

2. Tiny skyscrapers made of staples. Which is probably the name of a new Modest Mouse song.

3. OHMIGOD WARREN SPECTOR VIDEO GAME GENIUS IS WORKING ON A NEW GAME! Dystopian steampunk version of Disney's magical kingdom? Yes, please.

Now I must go shower, for I have slept all day in a hot room, and there are no geisha girls to bathe me. I asked Rachel to pretend fo a day, but she just laughed at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment