Sunday, December 6, 2009

Hello again, Internet.

So, it's six in the morning on a friggin' SUNDAY of all things and the Little Miss, who is no longer a baby but is instead now a Toddler because if you saw her walk you'd understand and also shut up Dad I have a personality now and I do what I want, decides that she needs to transfer all of her crayons from the large metal Coca-Cola bucket into the smaller Jungle Book tin which amounts to a whole lot of banging, crashing and frustration, and I start to notice that the colours have ceased to have ordinary names like 'red' or 'blue' and are now refered to as 'tumbleweed' and 'mauvalous' and 'bittersweet' and (I shit you not) 'purple mountain's majesty', and before I can start to rant about how in MY day we only had black and white because THAT'S THE WAY THE WORLD WAS, I see that there's actually one called 'Indian Red', which leads me to ask which 'Indians' are they talking about, because if it's the actual Indians that's okay except that they're probably more brown than red, so are we talking those guys who we used to call Indians, in which case are they allowed to call it Indian Red, which only leads me to believe that it's too early to be thinking about these things but it's never to early for a gin & tonic.

No comments:

Post a Comment