Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Just Boring Stuff Except For One Really Awesome Thing At The End..

I am currently back to reading four or five books at once, which I know is ambitious and maybe even somewhat counter-productive, given that I have a tendency to forget which characters did what and in which stor, and before long Okonkwo from Things Fall Apart is joining the secret Anarchist Council in The Man Who Was Thursday, while Gabriel Syme is finding preparing illuminated manuscripts over in A Canticle For Leibowitz instead of Brother Gerard, who's instead been transported to the Beszel crime scene in The City & The City while Tyador Borlu is farming yams back in Things Fall Apart. 

It's confusing, sometimes, but I'm sure I'll work it out. The underlying message here, though, is: OHMIGOD I'M READING AGAIN. Which, y'know, is good, given that for a long time now, I've been spending that allocated reading time on the internet watching videos of naked Russian men beating up cars.

Also: I am more than hip-deep in being a Wasteland Cowboy in Fallout: New Vegas, fighting off gangs of Elvis look-a-likes and swarms of giant blood-sucking mosquitos while searching for The Hipster Who Shot Me In The Head aka Matthew Perry and discovering that post-apocalyptia turns most men into cannibals and most women into lesbians.

No, really. 

Before I get a slew of replies concerning video game sex and my lack of social skills (which will all be quite valid and humorous, lemme be the first to say...), I want to point out how refreshing it is, the lesbian thing: not that you have the option to hit on all these virtual characters, but the fact that there's a fair chance that they might just not be into you, solely because of your gender. It's not like the game is making great strides towards addressing LGBT-related disparity in the real world, given that the reaction from gamers towards the inclusion of gay and lesbian characters in F:NV has been, well, predictable ("DEY PUT GAYS IN MAH VIDEOR GAMEZ!"), but I still think it's kinda neat that in Fallout, just like in real life, most of the girls that I end up attracted to turn out to be gay.

And, no, I don't play Fallout in the hopes of having virtual irradiated sex with mutated warrior queens. That's what I have the internet for.

Oh, speaking of Internetz:

1. I can't do any better than this article's title: ALL LIFE ON EARTH COULD HAVE COME FROM ALIEN ZOMBIES.

2. Black Milk's Album Of The Year: what Kanye West would sound like if he stuck with making hip-hop, and wasn't concentrating on elaborate hip-hopera/emo concept rock albums. It's sick. Everyone should send Black Milk a dollar. Or something.

3. The Oh Sees are playing the Republik next Thursday. If you don't go to see them play their rock and/or roll music, well, I am assured that you will be experiencing something that's referred to as 'missing out'. Here is their song that is called 'Block Of Ice'; from all accounts, their live show is supposedly uncanny. Go see them. Go see them. Go see them.

Also: I'm pretty sure the bass-player is rockabilly Craig Evans. Just sayin'.

4. This is the only reason I decided to post anything today. I just can't decide if it's the BEST thing in the world, or the WORST thing in the world. Thank you, Jeffrey Storey, for giving me SCOTT STAPP SINGING A THEME SONG FOR THE FLORIDA MARLINS.

Now, just TRY to have a bad day after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment