Saturday, March 13, 2010

You Meet The Nicest People On Friday Nights.

It wasn't the clunky high heels, nor the jeans that left too little to the imagination, nor the fact that their blouses seemed to consist of nothing but a handful of glitter and some scotch tape; no, it was the fact that these party girls had decided to squat and urinate in unison across the street from where I was waiting for my cab, just barely sequestering themselves behind the small dumpster that H&R Block has sitting in their parking lot. That's what screamed 'class' to me. I'm pretty sure they were holding hands while they did it, too, which strikes me as either very sweet or a tad weird, I can't decide.

Granted, I was the one who was staring at their roadside evacuations, so who am I to judge?

And that right there was really the only thing noteworthy about my evening, aside from the slightly-creepy guy in eyeliner who came in twenty minutes before we closed to get an apple juice and show off the motorized skateboard he'd just built, complete with handheld remote. I say slightly, because he comes in on a regular basis, but usually he seems catatonic; he'll buy his drink, sit down at a table and just stare - not at anyone or anything in particular, he'll just stare. According to Jeff, he also sometimes will just sit in his car and, well, stare. Apparently he once rolled down his window very slowly and asked one of the girls from The Coup in a deadpan voice, "Would you like to see my HAM radio?", at which point she came into Beano and asked us if we could call her a cab, because she was FREAKED OUT.

Which is too bad, because by all accounts, he's a nice guy, and god forbid I disparage anyone for showing an interest in DIY electronics; all I'm saying is that some social niceties are in order.

Anyway; this is me just rambling. Now I must go find coffee, because my darling daughter feels it's necessary to greet the day only three hours after I've just gone to bed. You'd think this would teach me to go to bed earlier, as her morning activities are really nothing new, but what can I say: I'm dum.

No comments:

Post a Comment